Looking for ideas for things to do with all the family? Great ideas for family days out in Worthing? Then you've come to the right place. There's lots of Family Fun to be had Worthing. We've come up with '50 Things to do for FREE' (pdf 228kb).
Here are our top 10 favourites:
1. Explore the Worthing Museum & Art Gallery & Sculpture Garden with costumes & toys from a bygone age – events take place throughout the year.
2. The South Downs National Park is right on the doorstep – lots of open space for walking, cycling, kite-flying and lots more.
3. Follow the coastal cycle route along the seafront from George V Avenue, Worthing via Splash Point to Lancing, Shoreham and beyond. Stop off at the Splash Pad and Gull Island playground for a cool down. Also the ideal place to enjoy a picnic!
4. Play chess on the giant board in Beach House Park or take your own to the granite block at Splash Point.
5. Take a look at High Salvington Windmill – (open days twice a month in summer).
6. Follow the ‘Henry Highdown’ trail through Highdown Gardens.
7. Watch aeroplanes and helicopters at Shoreham Airport’s viewing area.
8. Do a scavenge hunt; list ten items to be found along the shore – a stone with a hole in it, a piece of drift-wood, a pretty sea shell etc. and off you go!
9. Attend one of the many amazing free events in the area such as the Worthing Street Velodrome! Keep checking out the What’s On pages.
10. Take a walk around the Ropetackle in Shoreham where you can follow the Sculpture Trail and peer through the many unusual looking glasses that distort the world around you (scattered along the Ropetackle and riverside complex).
NB - although the suggestions listed are free to enter, parking charges may apply and there may also be some activities that incur a charge. Please check beforehand to avoid disappointment.
Use ‘My Itinerary Planner’ to build your own itinerary. Check out some of the highlights in the Worthing area (below) or if you are looking for something specific, search in the what to do (above right).